Sunday, February 8, 2009

Pedaling a Two-Wheeler!

I have been regularly carving out time for Anna to ride her balance bike. Yesterday, while she was riding with two friends at the park, one of the moms told me she thought Anna was ready for a two-wheeler with pedals. I wasn't sure *I* was ready for it, but decided today to give it a try.

After taking the training wheels off the regular bike, Anna, Grandpa, and I headed to the park so Anna could try riding it. After just a few trips across the basketball court, SHE HAD IT! I did not take the camera because I was expecting her to want the balance bike back, but she did a GREAT job pedaling the two-wheel bicycle all around the court. Grandpa and I just grinned. Next weekend, if it's pretty weather, we'll have photos, and some video too if I can figure out how to make that work.

I am a now believer in balance bikes! Too bad they didn't have them when I was a kid...it took FOREVER (at least well into grade school) for me to lose the training wheels!