Sunday, June 1, 2008

Sunday

Sundays have a familiar rhythm for us:
Wake up without rushing.
Feed the dogs and have a leisurely breakfast.
Get dressed.
Go to early church, followed by Sunday School.
Change clothes and go to lunch with the grandparents.
Come home and take a nap.

Today was not significantly different, but a few items are worthy of note. Claire-Bear was the chosen baby doll (usually it is Baby Lily), and is shown here.

Also, Anna had a renewed interest in taking a purse, which contained two toy cell phones, crayons, notepad, bracelets, silly putty (which worked very well to keep her engaged during the service today), and other assorted "stuff."



An impromptu decision was made to have the children sing a song with hand motions for the "opening" of the 11:00 church service today. I can't recall the tune now, but the words of the chorus were:
I will believe with all my heart
I will believe with all my soul
I will believe, I will believe wherever I go

Anna had only just learned the song, but she belted it out like a pro with all the motions. I do love to hear and watch her sing!

Grandma and Grandpa took us to the local pizza and ice cream joint for lunch today, which Anna loved.














Then, at last, the nap...with the essentials: Baby Sage, Baby Lily, Anna, and the pink blanket all in the toddler bed together.