After reading a couple of books at bedtime tonight, Anna and I were talking about all sorts of feelings (happy, sad, excited, angry, brave, scared, etc), which led to talking about "good guys" and "bad guys" (she has talked about this topic a lot lately...I think some of the boys play "Spiderman" on the playground at pre-school). Anna wanted to know how "bad guys" become bad...did God make them that way? I told her that God didn't make people bad...that all babies are born good, but sometimes when babies grow up they make some bad choices. I assured Anna that God made her with a good heart.
Anna then asked, "So how does Jesus get into your heart?"
I replied, "You just have to ask him to come in. Do you want to do that now?"
"Yes," said Anna. "Jesus, come into my heart, please. Amen. OK, he's there now! Is it dark in there?"
"No baby, wherever Jesus is, there is light."
"Mommy, there is a door in my heart where Jesus can come in."